A Legacy of Growth
Auxein Medical owes its beginnings to a small, one-room engineering equipment manufacturing unit that Mr. Luthra Senior started with virtually no background in entrepreneurship. But then his surgeon friend took note of the quality and finish of his products and urged him to enter the specialised area of orthopaedic implants. In 1996, Crown Plastic was established to manufacture the Austin Moore Prosthesis. This was Delhi’s first ever production unit in this category. Soon the brand too found a following in the National Capital Region’s top clinics and hospitals. In 1999, Mr. Luthra was joined by his two elder sons, Deepak and Gaurav, who leveraged their respective areas of expertise in business management and technology to see the company grow to a team of 50 and a state-of-the-art facility which now produced a wider range of trauma-based orthopaedic implants for a growing domestic market.
In 2008, the enterprise experienced yet another wave of fresh energy when the youngest son Rahul returned from his higher studies in Australia and New Zealand and brought with him a vision to go global. With his team of young collaborators, innovative medical and marketing minds, he helped the organisation embark on an era of rapid modernisation and international expansion.
This was the birth of Auxein Medical in its current avatar, an indigenous enterprise with world-class systems, a global footprint and a futuristic vision.
Our openness to ideas makes us favoured collaborators.
Every individual in our enterprise is driven by the motivation to heal people. Every aspect of our production, management and administration points to the close eye we keep on quality standards and regulatory compliance. As an Indian company we feel proud to showcase our capability in delivering excellence every time. With an international outlook we continue to evolve our technology; with an Indian heart, we serve patients and our associates according to their specific needs, with the intent to build long-lasting relationships.
- 1996 Auxein’s predecessor Crown Plastic becomes Delhi NCR’s first manufacturer of the Austin Moore prosthesis
- 2001 Added Bone Plates & Screw division
- 2003 Added Universal Tibia & Femur Nails division
- 2006 Set up first modern manufacturing unit in Kundli Industrial Area in keeping with statutory and regulatory requirements
Expanded product range to a new line of cranio-maxillofacial implants
- 2008 Became first company in North India to import machinery; upgraded to automated VMC machine imported from HAAS, USA
- 2009 Crown Plastic is reborn as Auxein Medical with a new WHO: GMP compliant manufacturing unit to commence exports
Certifications received by CE, ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003
Secured first distribution agreement from Africa, in Algeria
Secured first distribution agreement from Latin America, in Colombia
- 2010 Auxein Medical debuts as an international exhibitor at the Arab Health Expo 2010
Secured first distribution agreement from Asia-Pacific, in Sri Lanka
Secured first distribution agreement from Middle East, in Abu Dhabi
Secured first distribution agreement from Europe, in Romania
- 2011 Received first OEM Contract from France, Germany and Spain
Achieve Indian FDA certification
- 2012 Expanded manufacturing capabilities with a second unit
- 2013 Installed first CNC Turning Centre
Exhibited at AAOS - American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Auxein Medical’s first orthopaedic conference in USA
- 2014 Became the first Indian manufacturer to receive US FDA 510(k) approval for locking plates and screws
First company in North India to import Japanese sliding head machines from STAR for automatic and precise production of bone screws
- 2015 Added a third manufacturing unit
- 2016 Upgraded to Automated Machine from Mazak & Haas